12 May, 2009


The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini

 I can’t believe I did not read this book sooner. I loved it and could not put it down.

An honest and unbiased reflection on a country and its struggles,

which has played a massive part in the media for countless years now. Don’t get me wrong, I am no expert in Afghanistan

and it’s society, but I found all the underlying tones and hints of a long established culture really fascinating

 and quite different to what I had heard or was led to believe. I love books that leave me feeling as though my life is more enriched

from the moment I pick them up and turn the first page. I also love a journey. This was no exception.

Khaled Hosseini is a real story teller and I had to go out straight after finishing The Kite Runner to buy his other book, A Thousand

Splendid Suns. I’m really looking forward to it and will keep you posted.  

Thank you Laura M

ozzbooks

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Contributors